Ok, and we're back from Germany! What a great trip it was! Man I love that family. We had an absolutely wonderful time visiting and just lounging around. It snowed before our arrival and it looked like a winter wonderland when we drove up to v's mom's house. I will have some pics up soon. Petra!! I love the photo and the necklace. I am going to wear it tonight! :0) Love you guys!
I heard from my new Secret Pal today!! Whooohooo. I can't wait to get to know her. She asked for my questionnaire and so here we have it!
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
Oh, yeah...I am afraid I am a natural fibers snob for the most part. I figure if I am taking the time to make something I want it to last and stay in good shape.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I do spin when I can find the time, but I don’t crochet....yet. I would like to, though.
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a big palstic storage bin that I use for the needles. Circular, straight and all. Very messy. :0)
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting for just under 20 years. One of my dear friends taught me and I still never knit without thinking of her. I think I am an advanced intermediate knitter.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No, but I think I may try to get one going at Amazon in the future.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I like just about anything.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Sweet tooth? Sugar is one of my main food groups. Lemon Heads and Haribo bears are favs, but I like it all....oh yeah.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I make bobbin lace, bead and qulit a little.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Again, I like it all. There isn’t much in the way of music that I won’t listen to with the exception of rap. Never really went there.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? Purple and red without a doubt.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am married with two cats and two parrots that run my life.
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear all.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
My favs are Jamieson and Smith, Jamieson’s, old Starmore and wools, but I like novelty yarns as well.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Acrylics that are meant to look like wool.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Fair Isles and beaded wrist warmers.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
17. What are you knitting right now?
Alice Starmore’s Rhinegold, and also her Little Rivers. Some lace wraps. Wrist warmers.
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circs for most, but I love the feel of wood straights.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
22. How did you learn to knit?
One of my dearest friends from Colorado taught me. Her mom is a master knitter.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Oh my God. Probably 15 years......hahaha. Wasn’t expecting that question.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Wallace and Grommit.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Knitting sheaths, lace bobbins, sheepy things...
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
None, I buy on the merits of each issue.
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
All things Dale of Norway.
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Yes, bead knitting where only the bead shows the pattern. I would love to make some purses.
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes. Umm...I am an 8 shoe.
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) March 30. Aries girl.