Monday, November 20, 2006

Time flies

in November. It seems like it was just Halloween and now..look at this. No post in two weeks! What is going on with that? Gotta make the money when you can, and this is high season for musicians. Knitting is just stolen time these days, but I have managed to get a little in here and there. :0) Lots of Christmas present knitting going on. And look at this! This is Platinum from Mama-E.
DSC00696
DSC00688
It is just as shiny and lovely as it looks on the monitor. It looks very much like my cat Mia who would NOT be photographed with it. I followed her around with a camera and handful of the fiber waiting for the right shot in just the right light......but she got tired of the Paparazzi action and lashed out-like any starlet would. No pictures...PLEASE! I was not the winner in that scuffle.

I have been doing a little sock knitting on the side as I can carry it from job to job easily. Here is my Bayerische
DSC00695

and Latvian socks from Folk Socks by Nancy Bush. This is more of a pumpkin or paprika shade rather than the glaringly hunter-safety-orange that it looks like in this photo.
DSC00697

And for my Fair Isle friends.....more pictures to follow tomorrow. :0) I have a special one for you, Brigitte!

4 Comments:

Blogger Brigitte said...

Whee! Ooo, I can't wait to see it!

Wow, your socks are fabulous... I can't even manage a top-down plain ribbing Noro sock! I can handle a plain toe-up sock, that's about it...

(You spin too?!)

21/11/06 03:40  
Blogger Marina said...

It's tomorrow! Where is it?

Oh I like the Platinum. Nice and shiny!

21/11/06 04:32  
Blogger Knittinreed said...

The socks are great but OMG! The Platinum is amazing!!

21/11/06 07:44  
Blogger Tracey, in MI said...

platinum... WOW.

Spinning is beautiful... I need to spin more;)

The needle caps- those are gorgeous... where did you get them????????dieing to know---

21/11/06 12:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home