Saturday, October 07, 2006

SP 9 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I absolutely hate acrylic yarns. I love anything wool and don’t really have a favorite as I am constantly finding new yarns I like. Right now I am working with some Virtual Yarns Hebridean and some Norwegian Rauma yarns that I really like. I do have a special place in my heart for Kidsilk Haze.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have a giant bin that I store most of the straight and circulars in and a little heart shaped box for the double points. I guess that tells you what kind of a ridiculous collection I have. I just hate to go out and buy new needles when I want to cast on NOW!

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting since about 1988 ish. One of my best friends (whose mom is a Master Knitter) taught me the first bits and I picked up everything else along the way, but mostly from books. I guess I am advanced.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Not anymore. I think I will make one.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.) Oh, boy, I love just about anything Bath and Body, especially their Stress Relief scent. I was in yesterday for the Columbus Day sale and they have some amazing new cinnamony things. There are not many scents that I don’t like....and they don't usually make those into home fragrances, if ya know what I mean.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Uh, yea, that is a positive. Love Haribo Fizzy Cola and Haribo Bears, Lemon Heads and chocolate. Did I say chocolate?

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I am a spinner and I love to make bobbin lace and tat as well.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like it all! Yes, I can play it on my computer or stereo.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I adore purple. Love purple. Never met a color I didn’t like.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I have been married to a crazy foreigner for about 5 years and we have two cats and two birds...all of whom desire our full attention at all times. :0)

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes, yes, and no. I don’t need any help in making my butt look any bigger. heh heh Did I say chocolate?

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Sweaters, socks, shawls......

13. What are you knitting right now? It’s just embarrassing. Check out my previous entries in the blog.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? You bet.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I like circs and double points mostly.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes.

17. How old is your oldest UFO? Maybe a year and a half or so? Do I need to really be honest here?

18. What is your favorite holiday? Hmmm.....Christmas or Halloween.

19. Is there anything that you collect? Antique needlework items and old spinning wheels.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I am sure there are, but none come to mind. I have no subs at the moment.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Intarsia.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yeppers. I have a size 8 foot.

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 3/30

1 Comments:

Blogger Brigitte said...

Some of your answers are a lot like mine would be...mmmmm...chocolate...

8/10/06 03:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home