Sunday, October 01, 2006

Works in progress-or my not-so-secret shame

So, let's just make this very public. These are my works in progress. Everyone has come out of hiding. Proof of my short attention span coupled with a very busy life. I never meant to abandon some of them...it just happened. I heard the call of another pattern or another yarn and there I was-off to a new dream of a finished object. NOW is the time to buckle down and FINISH, I do so solemnly swear. I will not cast on for Zauberflote until I have at least one finished sweater-not socks, not shawl-SWEATER. And without further ado...here they are, some progress on some:
Poor lonely Luskentyre
Rhinegold
Little Rivers sleeve I
Elizabeth I
SoDaWL

I recently became friends with a lovely knitter in the Netherlands. I did her a small....I repeat..small... favor and this is what she sent me in return. It is absolutely more gorgeous in person and I can't wait for it to get cool enough to wear. Thank you, Marcella from the bottom of my heart. It is one of the most beautiful gifts I have ever received not only because it IS beautiful, but because of the time you must have put into it.

Marcella's gift

And here is the Zauberflote that I won't be putting on the needles for a while. :0) It sure is beautiful, though, isn't it? Purple is one of my favorite colors and I cannot WAIT for this one. These colors are LUSH.
Magic Flute

7 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

I was going to buy that one for my SIL! Of course, I would have to knit it for her but I wasn't sure I could give it to her once it was finished even though purple is not my color!

OK, not counting Elizabeth & Season, how many sleeves do you still have to do?

What a gorgeous gift!

1/10/06 14:36  
Blogger Brigitte said...

WOW, what a great gift is right! It's beautiful!

I LOVE Rheingold, and everything is looking lovely. I don't feel so bad about having more than a few on the go! Zauberflote colours...beautiful. Should I be concerned about myself because I can name so many of the shades just by looking at them...?!

2/10/06 04:58  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rheingold looks gorgeous and who cares how many things are on the needles? Cast on with wild abandon is my motto (okay, it's my practice but I can't seem to stop myself).

My, my, my. All your WIP's are unutterbly beautiful.

2/10/06 16:30  
Blogger Sharon said...

Oh what a gorgeous gift!! Dutch people are just the most wonderful people, how do I know? I am married to one ;)

2/10/06 17:01  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All of your WIP's are beautiful - and what a gorgeous shawl!

2/10/06 20:01  
Blogger Romi said...

Wow!! What a lovely gift and what beautiful WIPs!

4/10/06 21:27  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Hey Sharon, is that an itsy-bitsy circular needle you're using on Rheingold's sleeve? Or are you still at a point where a 40cm fits?

7/10/06 02:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home