Thursday, July 27, 2006

I am a walking drought.

It's true. I was born in the desert and apparently I take it with me wherever I go. We haven't had rain in so long, I can't remember what it looks like. Something like this,



but better. This is a little tease we got. Wind, clouds thunder. It moved on just as I got excited about the possibility. Hummmmppph.

I have been working diligently on the Season of Darkness and Winter Light. I am becoming rather dark myself as I realized my gauge has been getting a little tighter. Sheeesh! It is non-related stress issues. Don't worry, I am fine. Just keep your fingers crossed that this thing fits decently. I think it will be fine in blocking, tho. I will just block the crap out of it on my wooley board. I will have to let the arms on the board drop as these are bell sleeves, but I think it can be done just fine. (fingers crossed)

Here is the steek at the underarm.


It is a really interesting pattern for those of you not familiar. It is knitted in two separate mirrored halves-both from the arm up. The actual body continues sideways in the round to the center back with a steek at the underarm for a few inches. Then they are cut open and grafted together at the center back. It took me a while to actually visualize how this was going to take place. A long while-involving a mini paper pattern and a glass of wine.

And of course, the obligatory pic of the major time consumer of my life. :0)

6 Comments:

Blogger Cynthia said...

Ok, if you're really the reason we haven't had any rain, could you go on a long vacation for awhile? At least until we've had a few inches of rain.... (only kidding)

SDWL is stunning although even after you explained it I'm still not sure how it's supposed to work.
I think I need a glass of whatever you're drinking. All will come clear later, I'm sure.

27/7/06 12:34  
Blogger Marina said...

Oh ya, blame the bird for not having time for the other projects! Frankly, I don't buy it ... you don't have to take it for walks twice or more a day which takes longer in this darn heat, wash it, brush it, excercise it, etc.

You are gonna finish something - socks & other accessories don't count - this year, even if I have to go there & make ya! ;-)

27/7/06 13:21  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I *still* don't understand how this thing is going to go together! That might be bad, since I'm making it, but it's pretty hard to visualize. Yours is cranking along!! Lookin' good, lookin' good!

27/7/06 21:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I have said this eleventymillion times but I seriously love those two colors together and can't wait to see the finished product! :o)

29/7/06 08:12  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Hey, Season of Darkness and Light is from Poetry in Stitches, isn't it? I LOVE it, it's looking beautiful! I have 2 of her projects in my stash.

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. I'm gonna get a big head!! (Uh, not really...) I'd send you some rain if I could, looks like we have another thunder storm coming this way. Time to go find a trembling kitty...

:)

29/7/06 15:14  
Blogger Marji said...

your SODWL is gorgeous! Jamieson collection, not Poetry in Stitches isn't it? I love it, and love your color choice

30/7/06 11:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home