Friday, July 14, 2006

Whew!

88236083_8fc41a871d

Ok, I have a few hours left...so I better give you this! My update on Red Hot Sizzling Socks. Which is certainly timely considering that it was a mere 102 degrees here as I finished this sock today. I give you...wooly, sweaty goodness. Pomotomus in Slayer from Sweetgeorgia Yarns.





Also an update picture on the remodeling taking over my life. Practice you say?? Reed making? Knitting? I have barely had time. But here is where we stand. Now I will colorwash and seal it. Keep your fingers crossed as I am not sure how that will turn out. But, I am not really a big yellow fan, so I have to antique the color just a bit. What do you think about the texture? It makes me happy!



And here is my miniscule progress on the SoDaWL. I can't wait to get back to it. And my Rhinegold...and Luskentyre.........and Little Rivers.........Marina, I hear you laughing. Please go look at the one Mandy is knitting! It looks great. The color combination is winning me over. We were both a little unsure of it, but she took the plunge and I am glad she did. Also, check out her vintage lace blouse. It is really fabulous. Really nice, Mandy. I can't wait to see it on.

8 Comments:

Blogger Carrie K said...

Red Hot Socks look great!
And so does SoDaWL. Minuscule because it's so darn patterned! Beautiful.

Nice remodeling. Isn't it fun?

14/7/06 19:14  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great socks!
I hate renovating - just finished 2 years of it. Yuk

14/7/06 19:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that red & yellow together - beautiful!

And those socks! Fantabulous!

14/7/06 22:23  
Blogger Sharon said...

I love your Poma...(hippo) socks, lovely.

15/7/06 03:16  
Blogger Sharon said...

I don't have your email address so I will answer your questions you asked on my blog here. I am using a blue/green colour in Rowan Tweed for the KAL. Zara is just beautiful to knit with, I say like knitting with butter if I knew what knitting with butter was like, he he. I will definately use this yarn again.

15/7/06 23:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking hot! Oh yeah. So glad you've had some distractions - my progress is even more minisculer than yours. I'm trying to finish up the lace blouse, though, so I can make SDWL my main project to work on. Thanks for your nice comments about the blouse, too!

Oh, and I like the walls. Yellow is my favorite color - good choice!

16/7/06 20:53  
Blogger DeeAnn said...

The remodel is going quite well! I love the tone-on-tone-on-texture, makes for a very warm feeling space :) It's so worth it!

21/7/06 16:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
Care face skin http://tires.8k.com/goodyear-tires-charlotte-nc.html Generic to nexium derma e natural skin care products multifunction fax copier cooper vision contact lens lighted palm tree license plate frames

18/11/06 01:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home