Monday, August 28, 2006

Long time-no write

Wow, it's been a while, hasn't it? I suppose that would mean there should be lots to report on...if I had a life, that is. School is starting and I have been trying to arrange lessons between 12 schools and about a billion oboe students. This is the part of my school year that I like the least. Once the scheduling gets done, it's all downhill. Right? heh Anyway, that's where I have been. Pulling my hair out and answering endless emails and phone calls, making reeds,
All work and no play. practicing, and KNITTING!!! Whoohooo!

First, here is my Hebridean from Virtual Yarns in Driftwood. You all knew I was getting it anyway, so no surprise there, but here is the color. It isn't quite as light as I had thought, but I do love the combination of the lavender and rust heather. It will make a very lovely Elizabeth I, I hope.
Driftwood

I also have a comparison of yarns I thought some might find interesting. Starting from the left, this is a pic of Campion, Hebridean and finally, Dunedin. I have never seen any close-ups of the Dunedin, so I thought it would be good to see for some of you still contemplating Elizabeth in another sub yarn. If you click mon it you can go to my Flicr account and see a larger pic of it. You can make out just how much finer the Dundein is because of the merino it is made. Very soft and light.
comparison

I gave in and started a Birch that I want to wear to the reception of the first concert...providing that I SURVIVE the first concert. And yes, there is a question in my mind that I COULD just run screaming from the stage halfway through the show. I have actually wondered about that. Anyway, the question of my sanity aside, I am thoroughly enjoying Birch. It just flies and I have always loved Kidsilk Haze.
Birch

Also, I am almost done with my first pair of Socks For Soldiers. I have overestimated my productivity on these....among other things.....stop laughing, Marina! They are Looooog! But, tonight I will finish these monsters.
Socks for Soldiers

Not much progress on the other beauties in my pile o' sweaters being knit. I intend to get back on them again this week. Gotta make the sweaters. Gotta make the sweaters. Gotta make the sweaters. Anyone else know this commercial I am alluding to? :0)

6 Comments:

Blogger Brigitte said...

So, what needles do you use with the Kidsilk Haze? I can never find the right ones, probably why I get so frustrated with lace.

I'll say it again - I'm a huge Hebridean fan, and I think the Driftwood is a lovely shade. It will make a lovely Elizabeth I!

29/8/06 05:17  
Blogger Marina said...

Thanks for the "show and tell"! I have been tempted to buy a ball of Dunedin and the others just to find out what they were like.

I still haven't given up on you! I just want to see one, that's right, just ONE finished Starmore or Season of Darkness and Winter Light.

29/8/06 05:23  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Oh, that's going to make a beautiful Elizabeth!

The show & tell is fun too, not that I'm deciding. I just have to do.

29/8/06 14:47  
Blogger Knittinreed said...

LOL - your reed desk looks vaguely familiar!!
Eliz 1 is so lovely - I can't wait to see it finished. Thanks for the link.

Ceci

30/8/06 13:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A BILLION oboe players? However will you find the time?! ;o))

30/8/06 19:57  
Blogger DeeAnn said...

Wow, busy lady!

Your yarn choice for Elizabeth is gorgeous - is the hebridean next to your skin soft or no? I've been wanting to try it but haven't found anything to try it with yet.

Your workbench looks like my work room - in use :)

5/9/06 17:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home