Sunday, July 30, 2006

Surprise Sunday

I have a wonderful surprise today. Margaret in Manhattan has let me post a picture in progress of her beautiful work on the Alice Starmore sweater called Mardi Gras. It is from the elusive Scottish Collection. I have always adored this design, and when she mentioned it on a knitting list we belong to, I begged for a picture. It is too good not to share, so I asked if I might post it. Here it is in all of its glory. Wow, Margaret! And thank you for sharing it. Look at those colors!!




I have some progress to report on Rhinegold today. My muse, Marina, has been kicking me in the butt again. I really just procrastinate because she threatens to come down here and beat me. Shhhh, it is a ploy to lure her away from her stash so I can capture it. OK. Truth. I just have a short attention span.


I *have* been working on my Season quite diligently lately. I just bound off part of the pattern. More pics up later.



Also have a new pair of socks going for a group I joined recently. It is called Socks for Soldiers. I have to say, I have my own opinions about the war, but I will keep them to myself right now. I don't want to go down that road here. However, I will say I believe that no soldier should be without handmade socks whatever side or military group he may belong in. It is the knitter in me.




And last note, have you checked Eunny Jang's site lately??? She just posted a design she did for the winter Interweave Knits. Wowza! It is a modern fit Fair Isle and I am drooling over it already. She is an amazing designer and spinner. What are you waiting for??? Get over there!

6 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

I was trying to ignore that! Makes even Wendy look slow.

I like Mardi Gras but was thinking of changing the colours around ... blue background and shades of red/pink or green/citrus for the pattern!

Husband goes down to TX. a few times a year. Maybe I'll go with him one day!

30/7/06 12:36  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't done much fair Isle yet, but Eunny's design is going to be something that I'll want to do for sure. I just got my fall Interweave, and now I can't wait for the Winter one.

30/7/06 17:06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't Eunny's Interweave project absolutely delicious?! I can't wait for the issue to come out. I'll definitely be adding that sweater to my Planned Projects list.

31/7/06 07:13  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Eunny's stuff is amazing, as is yours.

Thanks for sharing a pic of the Mardi Gras. It's really stunning.

Rhinegold, Season. I can't decide which one I like better. I really like the colors you pickd for Season.

31/7/06 15:02  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, me too in Socks For Soldiers. Kinda boring knitting but for a worthy cause. Seems like many members are new knitters so they really need some experienced folks if we are going to get hundreds of pairs there by Xmas.
Nora in Oklahoma
PS - I used to live 5 miles from Eunny but didn't discover her work until after I moved to OK. That's my only regret about leaving the East Coast.

31/7/06 15:22  
Blogger Sharon said...

All this fair isle, amazing work!!

Good on you for knitting the soldiers socks.

And in reply to your comment on my blog, yes she was a bitch he he!!

1/8/06 16:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home