Thursday, August 03, 2006

Finito!

Yeah, had you going for a second, didn't I? I did finish, but it is only the first half. It was a haul, tough. This is the left half.


There is a steek of about 6 inces that will be cut to make the front.


Then you can see the back after that and live stitches are left to graft to the right side when it is done.

THEN....comes the aran/lace sleeve bands as well as the front/lower/collar bands which are done together. Can I envision it? No way. Better get out the wine again.

And number 2, otherwise known as the right side...with the obligatory cup o' java. Hmm...wine..java...wine..java? Oh, my aching kidneys.

And here is a little work done on my Socks for Soldiers.

Four inches of ribbing. It feels like a lifetime of ribbing. I wonder who will wear them? I wonder if he will be safe? Which war zone will he be in? Honestly, you think these things as you make them.

Oh! Almost forgot. Go over and check out Yarnmonkey's Sock Wars! It looks like it is going to be loads of fun. The more the merrier!

5 Comments:

Blogger Brigitte said...

Ooooo...sooo pretty! Isn't it worth it though?!

4/8/06 03:00  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see it when it's really finito. It's going to be stunning.

5/8/06 11:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that looks crazy-good!! This is so exciting. I'm sorry I haven't been able to keep up (ok, so I'm like a old lady hobbling along behind your sports car). But I'm there with you for moral support, at least! And I'm almost done with pink-sweater-thing so I can get back into Season soon...

Great work!!! :)

6/8/06 07:46  
Blogger Jeanette said...

The colors you have chosen for Season are stunning. Your work is lovely on it.

7/8/06 14:18  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Almost finito! It looks so gorgeous.

Coffee/wine. Perfect combination.

8/8/06 12:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home