Saturday, October 07, 2006

Victory over Procrastination



Yeah, I know it doesn't SEEM like a big deal, but it isn't "just a sleeve". it is victory over my fear of sleeves. It is one battle fought over the war of procrastination. It is...it is.....uh., it's just a sleeve. I humbly remember I have 5 to go, or 7 if you count Elizabeth.
I am already working the collar of Rhinegold and hope to get the second sleeve going this weekend.

This coming weekend we are having the good fortune to have the host and some of the students playing with From the Top play with our orchestra. I am really looking forward to it. I have always been amazed at what these kids can do and it will be a pleasure to see some of them play in person. It makes me wonder what kind of a glorious career they may have after such great training and exposure so early in their lives.

Thank you for all of your lovely comments about Marcella's shawl. It is truly a beautiful piece of work.

I was successfully killed off in Sock Wars as were most of the players this week. I did receive a great pair of socks, tho, and met a couple of neat knitters. Hey, guys!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you for getting a sleeve done. I know exactly how it is; I've been stuck forever with a finished body, picked up the stitches for one sleeve and never moved on from there. Maybe you'll inspire me to finally get going. :)
BTW, it's a fabulous sweater.

7/10/06 09:47  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, it is not 'just' a sleeve. It's a victory over fear of sleeves! Over procrastination! It's an event to celebrate and YAY! a sleeve is done.

Can you come and do mine now?

7/10/06 14:52  
Blogger Marina said...

How did the concert go?

Don't do that! You did one, you can do all the rest, including Elizabeth's.

I think I'm in love with that pattern again.

8/10/06 04:02  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A sleeve! Yay!!

Did you know that Rhinegold is a beer that is made in the NYC area? Every time I see the name of your sweater, their jingle runs through my head ;o)

11/10/06 08:55  
Anonymous Crepes Recipes said...

Thankks for this blog post

13/5/23 15:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home