Saturday, November 04, 2006

New Post!!!

Can you believe it? I bet you thought I had disappeared, didn't you? At times I actually thought about doing just that....but..ahhh, well, I would just get busy there, too. My family says it is in my personality. I think they are correct. Thanks for still emailing and messaging me. :0) It makes the busy times easier to bear.

WHAT have I been busy with, you ask? Well, take a look.

I have been finishing Socks for Soldiers. I got them finished at 11:57 Halloween night and overnighted the next day. Whew! That was close. They had to be in Ohio on Thursday. I had decided that instead of just sending some socks along to the soldiers, I would use the Yarn Harlot's idea of taking pics with socks and make a sock-picture diary. That way the soldiers can see where their sock came from and who the socks met along the way. The response was fantastic and I was amazed at how much people wanted a chance to show the soldiers that they were thinking of them. I asked many complete strangers to take pictures with my socks and everyone was thrilled....except the fire department...which has some stupid rules about pictures and city property...but that's another story. Better luck next time, guys. Here are some of the pictures of the places and the people my socks went and met. See the B.A.C.A. (Bikers Against Child Abuse) group? One of the ladies actually KISSED the sock when she found out where it was going. Is that love for our guys or what? They were fantastic. Thanks, B.A.C.A.!!!

Enjoy the pictures!!! :0)


Here are the albums all finished and just about ready to go along with the socks. The very BIG black socks.

the albums

Goodies for my soldiers.

goodies for my soldiers

Dalls skyline.......in a rush. :0) Notice I am not even at the heel yet...and that was on two socks. I actually FINISHED those socks THAT night! Thank GOD Michele, my lifesaver was driving. Thanks, Michele! I love you.


Dallas skyline

Sock waiting for the concert to begin from an oboist's perspective......more people DID show up than that, ok??? I know it looks lame in this pic......

at the symphony

B.A.C.A. (Bikers Against Child Abuse) These guys rock!!! Thanks, guys!

B.A.C.A.

Starbucks friendlies. :0) I'd smile, too, if I worked there and could coffee all day. Thanks, guys!

Starbucks


AND!!!!! My secret pal has struck!!! Look at this booty! Whoooohoooo! Speaking of booty, look at that chocolate. MMMM mmmm, good. And that yarn is so beautiful. I hope you are having a blast in Venice. Am I turning green????? Wow!!! What a vacation. You go girl! hahahah Thanks secret pal. I think I will save the glow necklace.......hmmmmm....when to use it. heh heh

My Secret Pal!!!!!

P.S. Good to be back...I have missed you guys!! :0)

8 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

For a while there, I thought I had to send out the search party!

What a lovely idea! That will make at least one soldier feel appreciated.

So? How's the rest of the knitting coming along?

7/11/06 15:32  
Blogger DeeAnn said...

What a great idea! I know my cousins would be thrilled if they received something like that - balm for mind and hugs for the soul....and soles! ;)

7/11/06 18:20  
Blogger Leigh said...

Hi. I found your blog surfing the Fair Isle Knitters ring. I used to live in Arlington, TX so I got a bit nostalgic looking at your cityscape. I like your socks for soldiers.

7/11/06 18:55  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Hi Sharon!!! So glad you're back, I missed you! :(

Love that you're doing such great stuff - my brother served in Afghanistan, and loved getting these "care" packages!

How's the knitting coming along?

8/11/06 07:38  
Blogger Cynthia said...

We were starting to wonder where you were! Way to go on the socks - and what a good idea to send the pictures, too.

8/11/06 08:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww, I love you too. I'd drive you anywhere's. ANYWHERE'S.

8/11/06 11:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's such an extra special way to do something special. (I'm just sitting here saying "awww.")

10/11/06 20:49  
Blogger Teri.p said...

Yay for you, completing your Big Black Socks! I'm still working on mine.

18/11/06 02:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home