Friday, October 20, 2006

I'm dreaming...

of a new project.



Main Entry: sucĀ·cumb
Function: intransitive verb
Etymology: French & Latin; French succomber, from Latin succumbere, from sub- + -cumbere to lie down; akin to Latin cubare to lie
Date: 1604
1 : to yield to superior strength or force or overpowering appeal or desire
2 : to be brought to an end (as death) by the effect of destructive or disruptive forces



I haven't. Yet. Shhh.socks don't count. I am thinking of this Isn't it gorgeous? Romi, was that you who showed this to me? I adore it. I will be making it in this.

It is color Splendor and I love how bright it is. I am sure I will look jaundiced, but hey, who cares? And besides, I usually work in flourescent lighting, so who the hell is going to notice anyway? :0) Recently, Brigitte asked me about needles I use for Kidsilk Haze. I love the old nylon needles...you remember? The ones you inherited from your grandmother? The ones at every garage sale between here and Zimbabwe? Yeah, those. They have become a hot commodity these days, so if you see them at that garage sale, snap them up. Push down that lady in the corner looking at them and run like hell. They'll chase you for them. I'm tellin' ya, they're hot. Or....did they just chase me because I pushed that little lady down.................I dunno. Try them. That's all I'm sayin'.

Voila! A couple more rows.

At this rate they certainly won't be Christmas presents. It sure is a fun knit, however. The crossed stitches are divine and I think the way that Eunny designed the increases to make the pattern flow out of the ribbing is very clever. All is right with my world when the ribbing matches the design. I don't ask for much. Also, Janet asked about yarn. This is Opal, and it is on the thinner side of sock yarns. I am using 2mm needles, so I needed it. I am a TIGHT knitter. Comes with the personality type........I am not saying it. You can THINK it, just don't say it out loud. Hey, people, I am an OBOIST. What kind of personality do you think I have? ;0) Rhetoricaal question there.

13 Comments:

Blogger julieanne said...

Hi! I've started reading your blog lately. I forget how I found it...probably a link from someone else. Anyway, I'm an oboe player too! And I'm also a ridiculously tight knitter. =) You've made some beautiful things. I like that sweater you linked, too. I might have to put that on my list of things to make when I'm a better knitter.

Anyway, Just wanted to say hi!

20/10/06 16:54  
Blogger julieanne said...

I'm actually in school for counseling, and being in a school has a teaching component to it. I've always loved playing in band/orchestra, but a career in music was beyond me. I had a lot of music friends in college though, and a few of them are teaching.

WW is absolutely awesome. They're big on making this a lifestyle change as opposed to "I'm gonna diet and lose weight really fast and then gain it all back when I stop dieting". Also, you don't have to eliminate anything. It's all about serving size, and eating in moderation. Once you figure out how things work it's pretty easy to keep it up. I highly recommend it, and convinced my mom to join last week. The one thing you have to get used to is the fact that they only want you to lose 1-2 pounds a week, which seems really slow. It adds up though, and it's supposed to be a lot healthier than just losing lots in a short amount of time. Anyway, let me know if you have any questions. =)

20/10/06 18:32  
Blogger Romi said...

Bwahahahahahaha! Resistance is futile! The kracksilk haze always gets you in the end! ;)

I {heart} that color. It is truly gorgeous and I bet it will look amazing on you!

20/10/06 19:31  
Blogger Marina said...

Don't you dare! Drop that at once! I kept quiet when you started the socks but this one is going to take too long. What's that? I think I heard Rheingold, Luskentyre, Little Rivers and SoDawl calling!

21/10/06 14:55  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Hee hee, Marina's so funny! But I know how hard it is to resist the 'Haze!

Beautiful colour! Did I miss what it's going to be?!

22/10/06 03:04  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Whoops, just clicked on the link of what it's going to be! Very nice choice, and it will be lovely in that colour.

22/10/06 03:06  
Blogger Lorraine said...

I too, have succumbed to call of the Siren Kidsilk Haze.
And I have absolutely no problem pushing some lady around at a garage sale- this is knitting, after all.

23/10/06 06:00  
Blogger Becka said...

OH, yes, the cardi is luscious!! I love, love that sock, it's on my knitlist! LOL, I'm currently wearing a pair of Leaves of Whimsy socks knit with the exact same yarn and color!

24/10/06 07:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks look gorgeous...did you see on the Socktoberfest site someone else already finished a pair and posted them? Ye gods.

SP

24/10/06 17:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty sock! And oh, how could you resist that kidsilk haze in that color in that pattern? Go on, cast on.

27/10/06 16:08  
Blogger Cynthia said...

So did ya? Cast on I mean... That's a beautiful little cardi.

2/11/06 07:02  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhhh that is going to be a gorgeous cardi!

I'm making Bayerische, too and yeah...they're taking a while...they're not exactly 'mindless knitting' ;o)

2/11/06 10:45  
Blogger vanessa said...

that ksh color is luscious, resistance is futile.

2/11/06 14:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home