Sunday, October 15, 2006

Trick or treat!

Messiah's Mansion

Somehow, I always thought it would be much larger.......and not made of canvas...and with a little bit of a garden. So much for assumptions. I do see, however, that it does indeed have many rooms. I did expect that...since that was what I read somewhere once or twice. I do not remember anything about outhouses. I opted out of the free tour and kept the car running since those people seemed to kept in place by something that looks suspiciously like crime scene tape. Somehow, I figured I wouldn't get what I bargained for.


In between the concert and the rehearsal, my friend Elvan and I slipped away to a nearby knitting store. I bought sock yarn. I had already been there the day previously. I bought sock yarn. I started a sock in said sock yarn.
Bayerische
It's going to be this! Oh, Eunny! Must you tempt me with your beautiful designs? I have always had a soft spot for traveling stitches. I bought Uberlieferte Strickmuster aus dem steirischen Ennstal a couple of years ago. It is a three book set written in German about the Bavarian/Austrian traveling stitch patterns. They are really wonderful eye candy books and full of information-if you have a German in the house. ;0) Anyway, it IS
Socktoberfest
you know.


SoDaWL is moving along nicely. Well, for me, anyway. It's raining today which means there is lots o' knitting and eating of Butternut squash soup going on in this place. Mmmmmmm.
SoDaWL

3 Comments:

Blogger Cynthia said...

You shouldn't have shown me those sock patterns - I have this instant desire to rush out and buy yet more sock yarn and make those socks!

Love the shots of Messiah's Mansion. That's just spooky...

16/10/06 11:45  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Spooky is right!

*sigh* I haven't graduated past toe-up, and plain ol' stocking stitch...

Is that an arm you're working on?

16/10/06 14:47  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm. Butternut squash soup.

Must.Not.Look.At.Sock.Pattern. OTOH, I've got a whole mess of sock yarn now. (And what should the plural of that be?)

Messiah's Mansion is just too funny. It does have many rooms! It's a little draftier than I was expecting. lol.

17/10/06 11:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home