Sunday, April 02, 2006

Sundays... Sunday..lala..lalalala


This is where it all happens. The seventh level of Reed Hell. Scraping, gouging, filing, and much gnashing of teeth. I have about 30 reeds I need to make between now and the next opening of the post office..T minus about 20 hours or so. They said it couldn't be done. They were right...because I have knitting to attend to. Looks like the German yarn is a bust. I will have to do a little frogging and reknitting. Oh dread.



Here is a little stash acquisition to tide me over the rough spot. This is Berry Smash from Brooklyn Handspun and Cheryl from Mama E . Nice, eh? Pardon the disheveled look of the Berry Smash, as someone in the house tried to abscond with it.
I won't mention any names, but she has an affinity for good yarn. Last antic was a ball of pink Kidsilk Haze I caught sight of as it went flying past me in a blur. It was rescued and now the stash has to stay locked up. Not to mention the time 25 feet of reed thread was surgically removed from her intestine to the tune of $700.00....but that is something we don't talk about 'round here very much. Oh, and lest I forget, the Fall 2003 Vittadini book so I can make this.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well! My cat also has a taste for fine yarn (no synthetic, please). And I thought he was the only one in the world! "Nice" to know there's a fellow yarn eater somewhere in the world...

2/4/06 13:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooooooh! That berry smash is soooooooo gorgeous. Your kitty has great taste! What are you going to use for the Vittadini? Mwah!

Good luck with the reeds! :)

2/4/06 20:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home