Sunday, January 14, 2007

Where the hell.......

have I been? I know that's what you are thinking. Once November hit, I dropped out of site...get it? Ok, anyhow. Still on the busy symphony schedule these days, but GUESS WHO I PLAYED WITH THIS WEEKEND?????? I will give you a hint...Love Potion # 9. Got it? Another one? Henry the VIII. No not the sweater...the SONG! God, you knitters have one track minds. Well, the Divas of the Las Colinas Orchestra heh heh


....remember us? played with HERMAN'S HERMITS this weekend. It was such an amazing time. I think many of you will know who they are...I must admit, I didn't really have much of a clue. I'd heard the name, heard the songs...but didn't make the addition to put the two together. I never was good at math. And considering that I was probably conceived to one of their songs in the 60's...you can't really blame me for not knowing EXACTLY who they are, can you. ;0) Peter Noone is truly a great performer. He had the crowd going strong last night and there was a definite electricity in the air. The hall was full of middle age ladies known as Noonatics. heh heh I just found that out. There were actually many men and lots of younger people as well....but the vast majority...well...you know. The show was supposed to be sold out, but unfortunately, due to the forcasted ice storm many people ended up opting to stay off of the roads. Too bad, their loss. Chris Pati of N.Y., where most of the band is based, has recently written arrangements to many of the Herman's Hermits hits and he conducted us as well. He was such a dynamo and obviously had a blast at the concerts. Not sure if this was his first symphony gig with them, but great job Chris! We loved ya! And by the way...where's my damn umbrella? ;0) heh heh Have safe travels on to your next gigs, guys! Too bad I didn't get some pics with you. Go and check out his site if ya get a minute.


Next week I am on to Tyler to play principal with the East Texas Symphony for the weekend. Our conductor, Per Brevig, flies in from New York where he teaches at Julliard and Mannes. He was principal trombone with the NY Met for many years and he is an unbelievable musician and maestro. I have learned so much from being under his baton these last few years. Dallas and the surrounding areas are still a great place for a musician to still make a living...however meager....being a musician. Yeah, we all teach a bazillion lessons and work ridiculous hours...but it is part of the gig. The travel is fun. And I wouldn't trade it......at least not today.

Ok, on to knitting content. I am so out of the Knit From your Stash-along it isn't even funny. I was was out the first week of the year. I have no self control....but haven't we already established that long ago? So here are a few pics of some finished things...small things...some ongoing projects, and some stash and things I couldn't live without. Oh yeah.









And I will leave you with a few pictures of the hood wrapped in ice. It's really very pretty and as long as I have a fire in the fireplace....all is well.


6 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I actually know Herman's Hermits because my parents had a 45 of "Mrs. Brown You've Got a Lovely Daughter". So I still remember all the words to that song. Probably because the singer's British accent was so funny to me.

14/1/07 12:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know Herman's Hermits! Not so much in their heyday though.

Wow, you knit up quite a bit! Socks! Hats! Winter of Light and Darkness (or whatever its called -total blank).

Nice snow pic. Nice yarn too. Was that what you caved with?

14/1/07 13:50  
Blogger Marina said...

"There's a kind of hush" was one of my favourites! Growing up in Singapore, British and Australian groups got more airplay than American ones.

14/1/07 13:56  
Blogger Brigitte said...

I remember them too!

Next weekend sounds exciting!

Hey, so good for you on the purchases. It's not so bad... I have the Peacock Feathers pattern as well, that should be fun to work on.

15/1/07 04:31  
Blogger Tigers said...

I will be watching your progress on the Peacock Feathers Shawl. I've been covetting that pattern for a while but too scared to jump in. Can't wait till you start it!
You'll make it look so easy ;)

The hats are gorgeous,love the colours.

15/1/07 13:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to ask what the gorgeous red & gold colorwork is? It's stunning!! And love the hats :)

26/1/07 05:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home