Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I scream, you scream...

We all scream for ice cream! :0) She loves it. Who would have thought it? They are supposedly lactose intolerant, so quantities are severely limited, but she fights for it.
Ice Cream

Here are my shots of the Rheingold as promised. Blocking and modeled for Brigitte. :0) I still need to go back and block the cuffs and neck smaller, but I am happy overall. I blocked it a bit larger, but I can't stand tight fitting pullovers! Ugh! Makes me clausterphobic.
blocking Rheingold

Rheingold

Question for all you Fair Islers....when you finish the steeks inside, do you only grab the floats or a little of the stitch underneath, too?


Here is a little more of the Latvian sock. Things are getting really busy, so I am still knitting on the fly. It's ok. Need more practice time, huh, Ceci??? heh heh I am about to tackle that 6/8 lick.......

Latvian sock 1

Oh! And the Platinum. Finished one bobbin and am on to the next. I am dying to see this finished. I think I may order more for a shawl or something else. Lovely sheen on this, isn't it?

Platinum

17 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

absolutely gorgeous sweater! you are a fair-isle master! the socks are very pretty as well.

6/12/06 12:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Rheingold sweater is gorgeous! Who knew birds liked ice cream? Although I'm sure Peaches would beg for some if I bought it.

6/12/06 13:28  
Blogger vanessa said...

gorgeous!!
and a stab of the stitches underneath for me :-)

6/12/06 13:50  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Wow, it fits beautifully, and it's so lovely! Oh, congrats again on a job very well done! It's such a great feeling, isn't it?!

I leave the steek stitches flappin' in the breeze - I've never had problems. They just "stick" to the main body of the sweater and have never unraveled.

6/12/06 14:07  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Rheingold is beautiful! I'm with you - don't like my pullovers too tight.

I leave my steeks alone to do their own thing - unless they want to show on the corners, then I tack to the stitch underneath.

6/12/06 15:16  
Blogger Marina said...

Nicely put, Brigitte. That's the way I have mine.

It looks fabuous. A lot of the necklines are big & so I usually wear a turtleneck under (it's cold enough here) or a silk scarf if it isn't so cold.

6/12/06 16:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, gorgeous, gorgeous!

And thanks for asking that question! I had no idea.

6/12/06 18:24  
Blogger Knittinreed said...

Rheingold is just so fabulous! And the 6/8 was great too.

Would you bring a little piece of the platinum for me to see on Friday? Pretty please?

6/12/06 21:16  
Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Hee hee.. our cockatiel likes to eat the weirdest things. He loves Good Earth tea (gets off on the cinnamon, we think) , ramen noodles, and, yes, ice cream as well. Something about parrots...

The platinum is lovely. Ahh. Relaxing just to look at!

6/12/06 22:28  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my god! I cant believe you finished my sweater!!! When can I pick that up?

also, with my steeks I like them well done with a little bit of crispy.

and your little girl is very very spoiled.

11/12/06 18:25  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful Fair Isle. Great work!!

12/12/06 15:21  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

The sweater and your spinning are both beautiful!! :)

Jessica

13/12/06 12:29  
Blogger Melissa said...

stunning! your sweater is absolutely beautiful!

13/12/06 21:52  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Your sweater is absolutely gorgeous!

Your bird *fights* for ice cream? That is a little scary! I have visions of Hitchcock's movie, The Birds floating in my mind. How funny that it eats ice cream!

24/12/06 15:21  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon... Just wanted to wish you a wonderful Christmas! Miss you!

Brigitte, Atticus, Mae and Gandalf
xox

25/12/06 01:35  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your sweater rocks! I loved the socks in progress photos! It looks like they are just growing out of the ball of yarn, as if by magic! Thanks for all the great advice on the FI Yahoo Group! Great to know that long floats are not bad boys afterall!

29/12/06 10:36  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rheingold is quite stunning!

6/1/07 03:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home