Sunday, April 23, 2006

It's a race against time













to finish my sockapalooza socks this round. Do you remember my sock tragedy? I wasn't able to find any more of this apparently ancient colorway, so I have been searching for something to replace the heels and toes to stretch it. Luckily, I went out to play in Tyler this week and I found this great blue at Rose Path Weaving. I can't drive near Lindale without stopping and I never come away empty handed. ;0) So what do you think? Will it work? I have to finish in just a few days and I still have sock #2 to go from the heel down. Ugh!! I hope she likes them!











I had a little down time this weekend between the rehearsals, so I was able to get a little done on my Luskentyre. I have about 10 more rows than this picture. This pic is just after the armhole steeks.
I also got some spinning done and this is my first plying from a spindle. Pretty cool, eh? I am thoroughly addicted. I have ordered another spindle and am considering another ebony beauty. It is what my instrument is made of and I have a special love for that type of wood.


I also recently decided to join Warming Grace over at Two Wooden Sticks and a Ball of Wool. Cynthia's niece, Grace, has been diagnosed with leukemia and she has asked for squares to make a blanket for Grace. She has had such an outpouring that she will make blankets for other children at Alberta Children's Hospital in the oncology ward. Go Cynthia!! What a beautiful gift of love Grace will receive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home