Thursday, May 31, 2007

You have to do WHAT??? tomorrow?

My mom gave us all a scare recently when she had to go in and have a procedure done for her heart!!!! She called me and calmly informed me that she would be going in the hospital the next day instead of coming for a visit!!! Good God! It took a few minutes to sink in. You have to do WHAT tomorrow? I drove out the next morning and thank God all is extremely well. Except my frayed nerves. ;0) We knew something was going on when we took the Hawaii trip, but we weren't sure what it was. Now we do. Whew!!!

Summer is for buying...right?


A little stash enhancement recently. Kidsilk Haze and lorna's Laces. I was staying at home minding my own business and pretending there WASN'T a 35% off sale going on at one of the LYS. And who called me to make sure I knew? Thanks, Ceci. I even waited until the last possible hour to ensure that the things I wanted were gone. Oh, no!! There they were on the shelf where last I saw them, patiently waiting. Kind of makes me wonder if I have weird taste.

Also ordered a "few" spindles recently.


These are some Forrester spindles I received from The Spinning Bunny. She has great customer service and lightening fast shipping. These are a Granny of canary wood and black walnut 26.19 grams, a white oak and cherry Linum 34.1 grams, and a purple heart and walnut Linum 20.69g. earmarked for some silk soon. I LOVE Forrester spindles. They spin incredibly well and are so smooth. I may even have another one or so on the way. ;0)

I have been able to get a little knitting done lately. I have been enamored with all of the argyle sock knitting going on. Zarzuela has been doing this! Aren't they great? I have always been interested in knitting some, but when I saw these I knew I had to go for it. The girl is a genius and she has a great tutorial on argyles. Here is my first attempt.





Ummm, more like a swatch. I was intending it to be the first sock, but when I had to go back for a problem, I decided not to unravel full rows. OOpps! Because on the way back I seemed to have missed making a row somewhere on one side...soooo. It is a swatch. (Note to self-in intarsia frog full rows) I was also not completely satisfied with the stranding/intarsia of the skull. I tried some of each and each reacts differently to being stretched as a sock will. So, I will try again, maybe in different girlie colors.

Also, have been working on Elizabeth I.


This is a hard yarn to photograph, but here is the best I could get. I am no artist when it comes to photography. Oh, yes the desire is there....just like the desire is there to be a famous rock singer.......I am embarrassingly bad at both. I have come to a quiet acceptance of this. It does not, however, keep me from singing in the car at full, eardrum shattering capacity. Sarah MacLachlan, I love you. Or does it keep me from continuously taking bad photos to show you. :0)

One of my dearest and long-time friends, Susan, was in town from Colorado....we went for a drive in the country to see what we could see. And we did see....and laughed and laughed. You really have no idea what you will find in the East Texas back roads. This is but a small sample. And now, for your "only in Texas" shot of the week. I give you......redneck indoor pool.


We also went shopping. Whew.....thank God they had these labeled.

No, seriously, do they really need to label these like this? A whole section of it in the craft store. And do people really use this sh%^&t?????

And I guess this guy's winter sale must have been successful. I will be watching for a summer sale......or is that his busy season-no sales needed? Eeeeek!

9 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

Thank goodness we didn't move there when we had the opportunity (?) a few years ago.

Poor green! It doesn't seem too popular and always ends up in the sale bin.

Elizabeth is looking very pretty! Did I hear Luskentyre yelling for equal knitting time?

3/6/07 12:35  
Blogger Knittinreed said...

So glad I could help enhance your stash (heh, heh, heh). Green and purple are such yummy colors!

Love the pool - maybe we should set one up in our back yard too....

Like your argyles - later, gator.

3/6/07 20:20  
Blogger Romi said...

I'm so glad your Mom is ok!

And I am totally drooling over the Kracksilk Haze. Yummmmmmmmm.

3/6/07 20:52  
Blogger Brigitte said...

You take the best and funniest pictures!!

I think you did pretty well at the sale - I love those colours!

4/6/07 03:00  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you did fine at the sale! Liz looks pretty!

My mother did something along those lines to me a week or so ago, but it was more "I need a ride to the ER...." I'm glad it seems to have turned out well for both of our mothers! Angiogram?

The Argyle Pirate swatch looks great!

4/6/07 12:18  
Blogger Michelle said...

I *love* the argyle! Very impressive, even if it is only a swatch.

I recognized the Kidsilk Haze in the bag...how scary is that? OK, probably not very, to this group ;)

Glad mom is OK - don't know why they like to scare us like that!

4/6/07 18:08  
Blogger eusebius said...

Sweet yarn & spinning acquisitions! I shall have to get in on this spinning craze one day.

Glad to hear that your mom is OK ... and I hope YOUR heart is also fine after that scare!

5/6/07 06:40  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to read good news.

No, no matter how you tempt me, I will not buy more yarn.....

10/6/07 05:47  
Anonymous Franck Pellegrino said...

Hello nice blog

23/10/23 17:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home