Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Look who's come out of hiding....

Season

Season close-up

it's the Season of Darkness and Winter Light. Trying to get her finished, but I fear it is too late for this season anyway. Nevertheless, it is a design I am eager to wear. I am on the second half, but will still have cabled cuffs and bands to go once I get this done.


I am working on some new socks out of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport. The design is called Rainy Day Socks and I found it at Magknits. I changed the cast on #'s quite a bit as I wanted the fabric knit a lot tighter than what it called for. I used 72 instead of 48 and am using much smaller needles. I like the way it is turning out so far. Pics to come as soon as there is something interesting to see. :0)

A little more spinning happening at chez sillyewe as well. This is from Somerhill Farm in Ohio.
handspun

It is a gorgeous shade of orange with a touch of fire engine red occasionally. It is from her Bluefaced Leicester flock. I ordered a ton of it and I am very glad about that. I intend to use it for something special......just not sure what yet....

As promised....more pics of birch. This is such a girlie shade of pink.

Birch

Birch

NOW FOR THE BEST NEWS OF ALL!!! I told you about the soldier in Iraq I have corresponded with??? remember...two entries or so ago? I got word today that he is going home!!! I am so thrilled for him! Congrats, Chuck! I know you and your unit and your families are ecstatic! I have so enjoyed getting to know you. Have a safe journey and I hope this will be a wonderful new chapter of your life adventure. Thanks for bestowing your friendship and sharing your knowledge.

6 Comments:

Blogger Brigitte said...

Hey, that is great news for Chuck!

It may be too late this season, but whenever you do get to wear it - it'll be fantastic! I so love that design! Have you seen the new Rheingold colourway up on VY?

15/3/07 07:40  
Blogger Marina said...

Well, hello, long time no see ;-) You're looking as gorgeous as ever. Tell your knitter to come up here. After a couple of downright warm days, they're calling for flurries tonight ::: roll eyes :::

15/3/07 16:38  
Blogger Michelle said...

Beautiful knitting....and yay for Chuck! :)

15/3/07 16:41  
Blogger vanessa said...

wow! love all the photos!
fantastic news about chuck!

17/3/07 03:25  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great news about Chuck!

I so love that sweater. It's postively glorious.

Driving fast in a dust storm? NO! lol.

That bead book and the history are fascinating! So. Cool.

18/3/07 17:36  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for Chuck!

Good to see you :o)

20/3/07 13:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home