Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Almost done!

No, not another finished knit....I wish! Almost done with the symphony season and also with teaching private lessons in school. No more driving and schlepping my instrument and tools around!!!! In crappy waether. Yipppeee! My back could really use the break from the load....because of course, I can't pack lightly even if it is only for a few hours.

Usually the season winds up with a wimper, but not this year! As soon as I returned home from my vacation it has been full steam ahead. Beethoven's Ninth Symphony up in Sherman..



....then a Cinco de Mayo concert in Tyler with East Texas! And not an easy concert as one might dare to assume. Unbelievable rhythms and fun counting.We hosted Jeff Nevin and the Mariachi Champana Nevin. Here they are in rehearsal minus Jeff.....

don't know why I didn't get a picture of him.....was probably too busy drooling over him when he came out. heh heh The whole female portion of the orchestra was having a little difficulty concentrating....heh heh Look here to see him. He's the one in the chair...............I am JUST KIDDING!!!! That's Charles Bruck. Jeff is the one standing. The pic doesn't do him justice, by the way. ;0) Anyhow, I digress....they were terrific. The orchestra had as much fun as the audience.

So, I have had the Jamieson & Smith discontinued colors on my mind a lot lately. I have poured over the color cards comparing them to Jamieson's and Campion......It seems that I have had them on my mind a little TOO much, actually, and I am starting to think in jumper weight color terms. Here is proof. What did I see when I woke up the day after yet another bad storm that has gone through here in the last few weeks?



The pool had turned into a swamp overnight!!!! FC11 I believe...........

Here are some more pictures of the storms and their havoc.
driving

my poor tree

tree again :0(

I was caught in the worst storm on one of the metro freeways. Hail, flood..........late to the rehearsal.....agony. But, at least the lakes have water again..... ;0)

Oh!!! And my SoDaWL....still going...and....going....

7 Comments:

Blogger Romi said...

Woooo! You're back! :) Nice to see you again!

9/5/07 18:35  
Blogger Marina said...

Hope that means we'll be seeing more of you?!

You're not fooling me this time! Besides cleaning the pool, what big house project have you got planned this summer?

SoDaWL is looking quite lovely!

10/5/07 03:37  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had an audition recently, but didn't make it this time. Choked with nerves. Oh well, next time. Hopefully sometime I'll be able to post sneaky orchestra pictures also!

10/5/07 10:15  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Oh, that is one storm! Your pool! And the tree! But I'm glad you're OK.

Beethoven's 9th...yummy.

13/5/07 06:50  
Blogger Lorri said...

Thank you for your comments on Katherine and my Shetland Lace Stole. I used to play violin in high school. Sometimes I still miss it . . .

13/5/07 19:48  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

Glad you came through that storm ok! Your sweater is just amazing. I'm dying to do some colorwork right now. Just so many other things to do...

Jessica

14/5/07 05:42  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have been out in the car in 3 major storms. Scary but soemthing to tell/write about later! ;-)
Glad you are okay.

16/5/07 01:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home