Wednesday, March 21, 2007

On this episode of Yarn Hoarder

I had the great fortune to be able to take a class on color knittting with Joan Schrouder this weekend. I was THRILLED!!!! I had to play in Tyler with the "Beatles" (cover band)

and so I missed her Friday class on lace. Not happy about that, but hey! Work? Play? Work? Play? Which one pays the bills? So, I did sneak into the color class at the last minute on Saturday when someone cancelled. It was very interesting to me to see how she had the class structured and how she handles teaching new techniques. There was something for everyone to learn whether beginner or long time color knitter. I was particularly interested in the crocheted steeks and of course, how she handles her two strands. Since I have knit in a vacuum for so long without any other Fair Islers around to teach me, I was extremely glad to see how someone elses color work looks in person after blocked. The samples she brought were fabulous, including Abalone and several of her design. They were all wonderful. I should have taken more pictures!!!!

I also came home with this fabulous bag that I think is perfection for carrying socks in progress around in style. :0)



And I also grabbed a pair of Addi lace circs to see how they compare. Just in looking, I think I will really like the pointy tips. I have some lace stuff that is screaming at me to get started and done, and I think I will have to comply.

A little further on the Season of Darkness and Winter Light from Norsk Strikkedesign. I really love this design. I am almost up to the underarm steek on the second side. It is going to be a little strange to put this thing together as the directions are not like any I have ever seen. I will keep you updated on it. Hopefully this doesn't turn into a really wooly pillow!


Socks, socks, socks and sock yarn. Eunny's Bayerische still moving along at a ridiculously slow pace.

Rainy Day Socks from Mag Knits in Lorna's Laces Sherbet.

Cherry Tree Hill yarn from Socks For Soldiers. No idea what the color is. Looks like Halloween something....not sure. Will have to find a not-so-scary pattern. ;0)

Lorna's Laces in Red Rover and Irving Park. They look GREAT!!! I secured these from one of my favorite stores on the web, Loopy Ewe!

7 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

Hey, I found someone who attended both the Fair Isle and lace classes. Maybe you can get her hooked on Fair Isle/stranding ;-)

Don't look at her socks! You don't need any more ;-) But they are lovely. And so is Season of Darkness & Winter Light!

Will you please it so that I don't have to look for the name every time I have to type it?

21/3/07 16:09  
Blogger Michelle said...

Your socks are beautiful...as is the sweater!

The yarn is very yummy and tempting...but I am sticking to the Knit From Stash until August! I swear!

21/3/07 17:55  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are doing some amazing knitting. It was great meeting you in class and I hope we can get together soon. I had no idea you grabbed that cool bag while at Jill's - I love it!

22/3/07 07:25  
Blogger Brigitte said...

I know what you mean about the instructions in Norsk being "different"! I found that out while working my Norwegian from Poetry in Stitches...

I love your socks!

23/3/07 02:35  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your blog. Could you Email me again. For some reason, I was unable to simply Reply to the message you left on my blog. Thanks

29/3/07 19:15  
Blogger eusebius said...

Love Rheingold, the socks and Season of Darkness and Winter Light. Just fab colourwork, the kind I like best!

It is great to find other knitting musician-bloggers out there!

29/3/07 20:53  
Blogger Unknown said...

Rheingold is stunning. Love the bayersiche socks too.

1/4/07 07:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home