Monday, October 14, 2013

MQX and Quilty Immersion



   I just returned a couple of days ago from Portland, Oregon where I attended MQX-Machine Quilter's Expo. It was 4 days of whirlwind classes and meeting new quilters, and studying every quilt in the show as much as possible. There were some fantastic quilts! I was able to take classes with Linda V. Taylor, Rick Taylor, Claudia Pfeil, Deloa Jones, Lisa Sipes and Judy Woodworth. I also made some new and wonderful friends! I learned so very much. Unfortunately I also learned what a horrible photographer and documenter I am....so bear with me. What you will see are my little impression snippets while I wandered through the show. Most are not full quilts but rather close ups so I could study them. I am ordering a DVD through the photographer at the show that will contain professional shots of all of the quilts...so I felt no need to take complete pictures.....good for me...bad for you. I am sorry, I wasn't thinking blog. I will do better next time.  sigh.


  The great news is that my Glacier Star placed 2nd in the Emerging Entrants category. It  was a complete surprise and I am so thankful and humbled to even have a quilt IN a show with all of these lovely quilts much less ribbon! It was really special.


  The evenings consisted of going out with two of my bestees, Michele and Shiva. They are fine artists and two people whose opinions I trust implicitly. They listened to me whine the entire way through this quilt....Really.....and after all of that they still c
ame to Portland with me and did their thing during the day. Then they supported me by having my back at the awards ceremony and taking me for amazing dinners at Portland landmark restaurants they had researched. That's why I love them. We ate at Pok Pok, Tasty N Alder,  Le Bistro Montage and of course, Voodoo Donuts. Any guess at my favorite? Puhleeeese! If you didn't guess Voodoo we need to have a talk. Sugar is indeed a food group. HA!

   So without further ado......some random snippets of MQX West 2013. The first one is mine:























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home