Friday, June 17, 2011

Pennants or penance?



This is it. :0) The Fassett Pennants Quilt that has been on my design wall for longer than I can tell you...well...I can, but then I'd be embarrassed. I changed the outside border just a bit and continued the inside border into it. I like the continuity of it as other designed border didn't do it for me. It seemed like an afterthought. I may put the prairie points on it after quilting but I am not sure right now. I do like the way they look, however, and it seems fitting. This is such an interesting design and colorway. It is going in the room where we spend the most time-probably a wall quilt and inspiration for finally decorating........

5 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne Martini said...

That is gorgeous!

18/6/11 06:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That *is* gorgeous. Furthermore, I believe I have never commented on your blog, and feel it's time to start. I am also into many of the things you are : Shetland wool and stranded color knitting,kilt hose (I have a Scot friend for whom I'm am knitting my first pair, & am very nervous), all things Celtic.. oh, and especially MUSIC! (I am a part-time professional too,and in recent year somewhat of a composer). Have we met? I'm on ravelry too, (have you in my friends there)I'm ' jenjay ' on ravelry. Anyway, formal introduction time. Hi , I'm Jen, and here is my knitting blog....

19/6/11 07:41  
Blogger Angeluna said...

It really is lovely.

19/6/11 11:16  
Blogger Knittinreed said...

Your work is stunning. Knitting, Sewing, Quilting AND Oboeing! I think you need some sushi as a reward :-)

20/6/11 20:49  
Anonymous Carrie#K said...

Pennants!! Which I will wave in the air cheering your fabulous handwork.

I do believe quilting does count as penance in a pinch though. :)

21/6/11 15:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home