Saturday, October 09, 2010

Already October???

Wow, I can't believe that September blew by so fast. Seems like the school year just started and now we are already deep into October. That can only mean one thing here. Texas State Fair!! A must for the bringing in of the fall. Corn dogs, weird fried food, great people watching...what more could you want? Whoohoo! Here are my entries this year.









It was fun to go and see how they were displayed. We are notified beforehand if we are ribbon winners, but the fun is to see where they are located. We went this year with a good friend, Nik and his mom. She is so funny and full of energy. She wore us out by the end of the day. Unfortunately, my allergies are never on good behavior in the fall and it was a pretty bad day for that. Not that it kept me away from my annual corn dog......but people were keeping their distance from me-snotty sneezing mess. Lovely.


I have a new project on the needles. Hanne Falkenberg's Diva. A very cool pattern. This is the first of her's that I have attempted and it is very different. I like it, though. And now that I am sick I have a little time to work on it. Yeah...I have the obligatory beginning of school bronchial mess. Always happens. I think it is my immune system getting revved again after not seeing so many kiddos over the summer and then going head on with all of those germs at once. Hand sanitizer my ass. Never worked for me.....ok. Back to nap time..........

4 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

Congratulations, Sharon. I must have blinked because I missed seeing you complete Elizabeth. Maybe if I close my eyes a bit longer, Little Rivers will be done ;-)

10/10/10 07:10  
Blogger Knittinreed said...

All three got blue ribbons??? Congratulations my friend! (Why did you only post the one on FB?)

10/10/10 07:36  
Anonymous Carrie#K said...

Lots of lovely blue ribbons! I like your Eliz, pretty color. (I like them all, mind you, I'm just E focused right now since it's back on my needles).

Poor snotty you! lol. I hope you feel better.

14/10/10 16:15  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your wins! I especially love the vest - can you tell me the pattern? Many thanks. rachel

22/1/11 18:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home