Monday, April 19, 2010

Do I ever have some eye candy!!!!








This is the newest member of the household. A Normandy wheel from Carson Cooper. I ordered her on my birthday and received her last weekend. This week I had a little time to try out a bit of cashmere/silk blend that I got from Skaska Designs when I made a whirlwind trip to the DFW Fiber Fest with Ceci. I had bought the cashmere planning on using it with a new Russian spindle....but I couldn't help myself and had to christen the new wheel with it. The wheel spins like a dream! I can't say enough about it. I have three whorls and two flyers to choose from as well as a single or double drive capability. The options makes my head spin and I think I will need a lot of time to experiment to find out what all this baby can do. For now I will content myself with a little gossamer.


Here you can see how the flyer is shaped so that the newly spun yarn does not rub against the wood. It is just one small example of the wonderful workmanship in this wheel. The proof is in the spinning, but she ain't too bad to look at. ;0)






This is a Bayerische Sock from Eunny Jang's old blog. I have started this sock a couple of times in different colors...but this color is the winner. I love the traveling twisted stitches and this color shows them well. There are almost 100 stitches per round. Ugh! I am working on both at once, so there is NO WAY I am ripping these out again.






One of the clarinet players in one of my groups.....my sentiments EXACTLY! I wish I could wear this shirt every day.



And a couple of locals in Lawton, Oklahoma. You wouldn't BELIEVE how loud these little guys are when protecting their babies from crazy tourists (that would be me). They are everywhere and these little ones were outside a Native American Museum in the park.



The school year is soon over and it can't get here soon enough. I think all of my students are as worn out as I am. Next week is TAKS testing so I get the week off......ahhh...well.....I am TAKING the week off. heh We will put it that way. Sanity break. Although it may be too late for me.....

3 Comments:

Blogger Knittinreed said...

Haha - it is definitely too late ;-)
But the cashmere/silk looks AMAZING!!! I can't wait to see the wheel in person.

19/4/10 19:08  
Blogger Lorraine said...

The shirt is great- I think you need one.

Nice birthday present-

20/4/10 06:35  
Blogger Jen said...

Hi, you posted on my Ravelry mailbox "JenJay"(thank you), so I couldn't resist checking out your blog. I have one too. Whoa, and your a spinner too !!! We will have lots to share ~ Jen

19/5/10 07:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home