Saturday, August 07, 2010

A FO!!!!

A hot and muggy summer.........no vacation........both of our backs going out........no a/c.........pool pump dying.......but in all honesty I can't remember happier summer in a very long time. :0) Isn't that funny? This was truthfully a wonderful and happy summer for us. I almost hate for it to end, but time to make some $$$ again, I guess. Happy summer everyone!

A couple of shots of my Rosebud Shetland Shawl. I finally finished her and blocked her today. It has taken me a year and a half to finish but of course that was very intermittent. I love the way it has turned out. Sharon Miller is a genius. Next up is the Wedding Ring Shawl in silk. Oooh lala.

(edit Aug 8)I forgot to add yesterday that as I was blocking the shawl one of my cats came flying through and caught a thread on her claw. It snagged big time. I was thoroughly pissed, but I was able to work it back in as it was only a snag and not a break. Then I laughed as I realized the center section pattern is cat's paw. Go figure.



5 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

You finished a Sharon Miller? Wow. It is really stunning. Congratulations.

8/8/10 06:24  
Anonymous Carrie #K said...

It's gorgeous! and omg, huge! It would take me a year and a half full time to finish that.

Too funny about the cat's paw snagging the cats paw!

Your summer sounds idyllic, even with all that! May your fall be just as lovely.

9/8/10 17:04  
Blogger Knittinreed said...

Well, that is glorious!!! I can't wait to see it in person :-) Maybe next Thursday?

9/8/10 17:26  
Blogger Andi said...

Your shawl is amazing! It's gorgeous. I can't imagine knitting something that big and that complex.

9/8/10 18:18  
Blogger life ldc said...

WOW WOW WOW WOW wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow

WOW!


Honestly, this is what was going through my mind LOL

31/8/10 09:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home