Friday, October 17, 2008

Tootin' My Own Horn

And not just my oboe.

I finally made it to the Texas State Fair last week. Let's just be clear here. My main purpose was to partake of this. Seriously. They will fry anything at this place. I am surprised they don't just hand out Plavix at the fair entrances. And yes...it was good and yes. I do feel guilty. :0)







Here are my Fair Entries this year. I finally finished them all the day before entering (finally, a plus for procrastination) and left them at the entry desk.

Season of Darkness and Winter Light.



Rheingold.



Believe it or not...this is actually Birch. I think Romi had a similar experience with her fair entry being displayed. I feel your pain, Romi. It took me 30 minutes just to locate it. LOL Oh well. I am happy about it placing, certainly.


I have some other things on the needles, but they will be forthcoming. A wonderful cardigan I am test knitting you will LOVE and some socks I have finished test knitting. They were really fun as I learned some new techniques.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your fair entries and your ribbons! I'd love to do this somet time but I've seen how they display items at our fair - no way is my knitting going there LOL!!!

Happy Knitting!

18/10/08 05:05  
Blogger Anne said...

Congratulations!

I totally remember seeing your handiwork at the fair, and I am very impressed!

18/10/08 16:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They scrunched up Birch in a corner? Geez. But very cool on SoD&WL and Rheingold!

Chicken fried bacon? Chicken fried bacon? Oh geez. I must have some of that. Chicken fried BACON? Who thinks of these things?

18/10/08 18:20  
Blogger DeeAnn said...

Congratulations!! How cool to get the ribbons for some of your favorite knits. They're beautiful!!! Glad the judges recognized what we already knew ;-)

Alas, I'm aswoon over the chicken fried bacon too - my family is from the south - why did my grandmother not tell me of such a decadent indulgence?? Calling her in the morning :) YUM!!

19/10/08 19:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg that is your entry I saw at the fair??

CONGRATS! you did a beautiful job!!

yes i felt guilty about the Chicken Fried Bacon too. but jeez....it was so damn goooooooood :)

19/10/08 20:18  
Blogger Romi said...

Big congratulations to you!! Glad you found your lace. I totally panicked when I couldn't find mine!

21/10/08 13:09  
Blogger Suzanne said...

YAYYYYY! I wish I could have gone with you. Now that I'm finally getting out of the hole, we need to do something fun. Come on over and check out my blog something and GIVE ME A CALL!!!

24/10/08 15:48  
Blogger JessaLu said...

Congrats on your ribbons!

26/10/08 08:40  
Blogger Miss A said...

Congratulations on all of your blue ribbons! And condolences for Rupert. that's why I can't have pets. Too sad...

6/11/08 11:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home