Sunday, May 04, 2008

Spring in my backyard

There isn't much room for growing things around here but we manage in containers. A little basil.




Purple ruffled basil.

Ahhh, tomatoes.

Eggplant.

This is the Earth Box my dad sent to us. This thing is amazing! I think we already have over a dozen tomatoes on the vine. Good thing as I thought I would have to take out a loan the last time I went produce shopping.


Is anyone else feeling the pinch from your grocery bill? How about the gasoline bill? I have a fairly economical car.....$50 bucks to fill up now, people. FIFTY. Oh sure, I hear people say "Well, we've had it good so far. Just look how much Europe is paying." Hello? They actually use their gas taxes for repairing highways and bridges (Minnesota-remember?) and other things besides just lining politicians pockets. Maybe even heath care.....I am not positive...but don't get me started. I just can't believe we are sitting back and taking this crap from Exxon and the other big oil companies. Yes they pay high taxes. So do we. Add up your sales tax and property tax and income tax sometime and see if you don't reach the same amount. I'm just sayin'.

But this is a knitting and sewing blog, isn't it? :0) How about my finally finished foot stool?



This is mostly Kaffe Fassett fabric, but I have some Amy Butler and other great stuff in here. It is a great way to use up some leftover fabric. Paper pieced and easily done. :0)

6 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

It's gorgeous! I'll take your word that it is "easily done" ;-) More and more, pink is becoming my favourite colour.

After ending up with too much tomatoes and herbs last year, I'm just doing cherry tomatoes this year. And maybe one corn stalk for the kid.

4/5/08 13:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good choices there for your garden! And eggplant flowers are so pretty too.

I love that footstool.

I cannot believe that you begrude the oil barons their extra billion or two for pin money at our expense. How else can they manage to get along? Gah.

4/5/08 17:06  
Blogger Hannah said...

Beautiful stool! And I am so envious about your lovely tomatoes! Ours aren't even in the ground yet.

5/5/08 05:35  
Blogger Zlist said...

Holy crap, that stool is unbelievably gorgeous!

5/5/08 11:17  
Blogger Miss A said...

Gorgeous produce and cute, cute, cute stool! Where is it going in the house?

11/5/08 08:21  
Blogger Brigitte said...

I thank the stars every day that I don't have (or need) a car! Gas prices are insane no matter where you are.

Oh, that is a beautiful footstool! I'd almost be afraid to put my feet on it!

23/5/08 07:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home