Monday, September 03, 2007

The knitting...she's a finished.




The blocking......she's a NOT! Blocking in progress. T-pin bending....stretching the crap out of......blocking. Hmmmm. one side seems to be just a bit smaller. That was the second side I knit. Little more tense at the end of the season last year, I guess. Darn it! Let's see what a little magic can do. Still need to sew it and then sew in lining. We may be looking at an EFT of next February. :0)

Next up on the UFO list is Luskentyre. About 2/3 of a sleeve to go on that one.

This is an older shot with the Rheingold.

Then....let's see....various socks.....Birch. Then my pile will be finished. I better hurry up and start another large piece! Oh, wait! Little Rivers........Marina, was that you I heard shout in the background?

I also just got an order from Glorious Color. Some more stripes to add to my Kaffe Fassett quilt. The colors just weren't to my liking. These will be much better and I have already started cutting and placing some of them. The darker colors really make it.



So, I guess summer officially ends for me tomorrow as I start my full teaching and playing schedule once again. I am actually ready for the summer to be over for once. For obvious reasons, sure, but also the summer was longer this year due to laws changing. I have also been able to work out a schedule I am VERY happy with so I can be at home much more. Pretty cool. I look for this to be a much less stressful but successful year. What more can ya ask for? :0)

10 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

Yay! You rock! That's going to one gorgeous jacket/kimono.

Who me? I don't think Luskentyre and Little River would appreciate being overtaken by another big project ;-) A Fair Isle?

Those materials are lovely! How small are those triangles you're cutting? I don't think I have enough patience for that.

3/9/07 12:29  
Blogger trainlady said...

Your knitting and quilting are so amazing!

I obviously don't know how to use blogger yet since I just got your comment.

The cool car in the background is a 1914 Model T Touring Car.

3/9/07 14:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, gorgeous! Blocking will fix everything, I'm sure. Can't wait to see it all sewn and done! Eventually ;)

Hope the year is much less stessful for you!

4/9/07 17:20  
Blogger Brigitte said...

The wonders of blocking! It will fix everything, and I can't wait to see the finished product!

Here's to a very successful and less stressful year.

7/9/07 03:18  
Blogger Romi said...

Wowza! Great eye candy. :) Can't wait to see it blocked!

8/9/07 10:06  
Blogger Tigerduck said...

Some great knitting and quilting... I still have three projects lying around waiting to be blocked.... at this rate, once I start blocking no one is going to enter the living room for months!

10/9/07 03:00  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oooh, I want to se it completed now! Looks exciting.

12/9/07 01:51  
Blogger vanessa said...

i can't wait to see your sweater finished!

24/9/07 16:51  
Blogger Here's my creds. said...

Your knitting is extraordinary. I wish so much that my mother could see what you create. She would be so impressed since she could fully appreciate the time and thought that goes into each of your creations. BTW, are you getting my e-mails? I've written you two. Yahoo can be funny sometimes, and I always worry that they're out there in cyberspace and you aren't getting my heartfelt thoughts. Hope you are okay. ~ ellen

6/10/07 07:37  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do absolutely beautiful fair isle work! I'm currently terrified of it, but that too will pass I know. Just thought that I'd let you know that you're an inspiration!

5/11/07 10:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home