Monday, June 18, 2007

Rain, rain....go away.......

come again some other day.....(warning-sad news story ahead)

It rained 22 days here in May this year. So far in June it has rained ...well...I haven't kept track. I have never seen this much rain in this area before. Here are a few shots from inside my car as I drove into a storm cell.



This is the shot of the wall cloud after I drove under it. Remember, wall cloud-tornado-wall cloud-tornado.....luckily not so in this case. I had all my fingers and toes crossed.


This is the shot from inside the storm and the wall cloud in the rearview miror.


I show you these pictures for a reason. Last night I stayed up late reading. About 2am I woke up to the sound of thunder after nodding off while reading. Not unusual these days....the storm or the nodding off... I looked at the radar as I knew there was a slight possibility of rain. Looked like a storm was coming. Then the tornado alarms in the city starting wailing. Oh crap! These days it isn't even shocking anymore-I don't get panicked. Not a good thing. And honestly, we don't even know why the alarms sound anymore it happens so often. Severe storm? Tornado? Bombing raid? It's anyone's guess.......which is what I did last night. Guessed that it was a severe storm as there was no other media to help me out. Soon the sirens were quieted and I went to bed. No one else in the entire neighborhood...or my house..for that matter...woke up. Some of the smaller cities just 30 minutes north and east of here and 30 minutes south were severely flooded last night within a couple of hours. There were high water rescues and some lost their lives. Some of you have probably been watching this on the national news stations today. Unbelievable. Apparently we were right in the path of some of this, but for some reason it didn't rain as much here. Shocking to see just how fast that kind of a flood can happen unexpectedly. A little four year old girl, Alexandria Collins, was swept out of her mother's arms as she tried to rescue her children. They found her later after the father failed at an attept to save her. It was heart wrenching to see her aunt speak to news reporters about how they had no money to send this little girl to heaven. I want to put up the address of the funeral home that is taking donations for her family....just in case. My heart goes out to her family.

Alpine Funeral Home
2300 N. Sylvania Ave.
Fort Worth, 76111
817-834-4116

2 Comments:

Blogger eusebius said...

Oh my God. The girl looks so much like my own four-year-old daughter, lying safely in bed beside me. I'll be praying for her family.

18/6/07 19:31  
Blogger Carrie K said...

The storm skies certainly look gorgeous but they can surely wreak havoc. Wow, your town really dodged a bullet on that one. You just never know.

So sad about that little girl.

19/6/07 21:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home