Monday, February 13, 2006

Six Sox and Knitting Olympics event

Here is the news of the weekend. After a long rehearsal Friday night, I was able to go back to the hotel, flip on the TV and cast on for my Olympic event, The SIX SOX Knitalong sock. I love this pattern and after frogging only a few times...because my brain does shut off after rehearsals, I came away with this. I have decided to bead every repeat instead of every other, but the rest is the same as the pattern so far. This will be a prezzie for some unsuspecting victim.Namely...my Sockapalooza Pal!

On the oboe front, the concert was a lot of fun this weekend. We had the honor of sharing the stage with none other than Pepe Romero playing Rodrigo. It is a wonderful piece if you don't know it...you probably do and don't realize it. An emotional roller coaster of a piece. He received several ovations and did two encores. The rest of the program was Debussy Prelude and Bruckner Symphony 1. It is the second time I have performed the Bruckner and it felt like an old friend from the first rehearsal. Our soloists in the group on all of these pieces were just spectacular this concert.!!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

The sock looks lovely. I'm sure the recipient would love it.

13/2/06 13:35  
Blogger Marji said...

I found your blog through Marina's link. loved the beaded wrist warmers, and your Mary Tudor is GORGEOUS!
I'm trying to figure out where you are playing in a symphony - must be south of where I am in St Louis, our winter has been warm but not quite that warm. David Robertson has recently mixed things up here a bit.
Happy Olympic knitting.

18/2/06 10:24  
Blogger emy said...

I am in awe of your Mary Tudor! :)

21/2/06 03:11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those socks will do your pal proud!

I took up oboe in high school (eons ago) when I got bored of the clarinet. Had to revert back to the clarinet come marching band season, though. Double reeds just don't do well on a football field. Ha!

25/2/06 17:42  
Anonymous Hole Food Rescue said...

Thankks for a great read

18/8/23 08:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home