Monday, April 25, 2005

Talking to bits of wood....

..is what every oboist does. Let's face it. When all else fails with making reeds, we talk to them. Or at least I do. Should I admit that? Sometimes it even works. Or is that all in my mind?? Nevermind! This week I am playing Rimsky-Korsakov's Scheherazade. It's one of my favorite pieces and I am thrilled. BUT! That leaves no time for knitting this week as it is quite a heavy concert and I need a lot of extra preparation time this week. Practice...making reeds...practice....making reeds.......making reeds....making reeds......

BUT! I will have some more pictures to post soon on my other WIPs. Namely Rheingold and Little Rivers. I have been working on them for a while so there should be some good shots of work done so far....we shall see..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home